Saturday 24 March 2012

Dear Josh, I want to marry you and have your babies...

Okay, maybe not quite... But..

Words cannot express how much I love Josh Groban. I've been known to listen to one cd by him every time I drove my car for months on end without changing it. Sometimes I've listened to one song for days on end because it just fits. One of the bigger regrets I have - I didn't discover how much I loved him until after his last Australian tour (2007)... Seriously, if I could go back to 2007 and only do one thing? I'd be there. Okay so it helps that not much else comes to mind about 2007 right at this moment, but still... I'm sure that even if I did come up with some other possibilities, either seeing Josh live would win or it'd be really a tough choice.

I've been re-watching the Awake: Live dvd recently. It's my current "treadmill entertainment". The only downside? I end up completely out of breath after only 15 min because I'm singing along at the top of my lungs (not such a good idea on a brisk walk, but I just can't help it). And my favorite part - the behind the scenes extras where Josh tells you about what it's like being on the road, performing, and hanging with his band... OMG *love* Not just for his self depreciating humour or letting people see into his life, but also because I'm amazed that he is still humble even after selling out 15 000 seat arenas on a regular basis. Also I want to work with people as awesome as your band, Josh. Can you send me them?

Quoting the lyrics to his songs just doesn't do them justice - you have to hear him sing them! - but I'm going to do it anyway. My favorite song of all time will probably always be Awake, but I've quoted that before so instead here are excerpts from two songs that I didn't remember how awesome they are until recently.

"And it's no one's fault
There's no black and white
Only you and me
On this endless night
And as the hours run away
With another life
Oh, darling can't you see
It's now or never
It's now or never..."

- Now or Never, Josh Groban



"Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
When your heart's heavy
I...I will lift it for you

Don't give up
Because you want to be heard
If silence keeps you
I...I will break it for you

Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don't give up
Because you are loved"

- You are loved (Don't give up), Josh Groban



Sigh, now I want to listen to them, but I only have them on the Awake DVD...

No comments:

Post a Comment