Wednesday 2 July 2008

So this is who i am

Having a bad case of writers block right now. The main reason I came down to the library was so I could write in my blog, but now I've got here I can't think what to write. I have been feeling better at least :-) these past few days. Thanks are due to Mum for listening to me on Sunday and Monday nights. In fact this morning I was practically chirpy. I was singing along to some Michael Buble songs (rather loud and silly) while driving to my chiro appointment. I wish I had been able to go see him when he performed in Perth a few weeks ago, but unfortunately I didn't find out he was coming to Perth until after tickets had sold out :-( Oh well hopefully next time. At least I am going to see the So You Think You Can Dance Tour in a couple of weeks. YAY!

Other things I want to go to are:
The Imperial Ice Stars in Cinderella on Ice
The Da Vinci Machines exhibition
Mamma Mia (the movie)

I also wouldn't mind going to see Peter Combe at the Fly by Night this weekend. (Go on, go ahead and laugh. But if you fancy reliving your childhood with classic songs like "Toffee apple nice sticky..." give me a call - it's only $25 or so)

And dare I admit to maybe wanting to see Damien Leith too. Well possibly. Except I probably won't end up going.

I have just notice on BOCS that there is something called The Jungle Book and other Dances - hmm... the jungle book in various dance styles... could be interesting, or just really odd.

____________


I feel kind of.... um... odd having what I wrote on Sunday up here. Actually I haven't gone back and read over it again at all, which is pretty unusual because normally I read over every post at least once. And usually I make some minor changes for the benefit of "readability" or whatever.

I guess in a way I'm not really comfortable with what that post says about me. Of course I could take it down, but I don't want to do that. However true for me it may or may not be now, on Sunday the pain was real. The trouble with a blog is that it's a snapshot frozen in time of how I am or what I'm thinking about. Looking back sometimes I think what was all the fuss about.

I think the reason I now feel awkward is that I worry that maybe other people will think it's silly or a stupid thing to get upset about. Well actually, what I really worry about is that they'll think less of me for it (or other things like that). Which is in itself a bit silly really.... If someone doesn't like me for who I am (the good and the bad) than why am I bothering about them. Also someone wise once told me that if something upsets you (no matter how small or trivial) than it's not stupid. Sure it may be something that wouldn't bother someone else, but that's not the point. I am not someone else.

___________


I was going to write about another point, but I forget what now.

No comments:

Post a Comment