Wednesday 6 February 2008

So, this is goodbye

I have decided to give up (ballroom) dancing for a while.

This hurts because I love dancing and I don't want to give it up. But I need to get over my tendency to get depressed if I sit out too many dances unwilling, before I go back again. I've tried to change my reaction, tried to not get upset, tried to do things differently... but there doesn't seem anything I can do to change it on my own. This problem continues to haunt me - from as often as twice a week to as infrequently as once in a blue moon. I think it's been an issue for me since back when I first started salsa around 3 - 4 years ago. Actually it was one of the (several) reasons I gave up salsa. I thought Gilks was different - and it is, I don't have the other reasons I gave up salsa this time round - but not in this regard.

It seems to occur more frequently recently, these past few months. To such an extent that the bad has started to outweigh the good. Hence my decision to stop going to dancing for a while.

I'll go back once I've sorted it out - could be a week, could be 6 months, I don't know.

Until then, goodbye. I'll miss you

No comments:

Post a Comment