Sunday 9 March 2008

Apparently I am getting older again soon...

Certain friends have reminded me that my birthday is less than 2 weeks away... How is it that my birthday always manages to sneak up on me like this?

Said friends were also rather vocal about "doing something" for it. I wasn't hugely enthused at the time because, well to be honest I wasn't really enthused about anything at the time. And anyway I'm not really into going out/drinking/dancing thing anymore (ballroom/salsa excepted of course). There's always going out to dinner but... meh.

What I'd like to do (weather permitting) is have a picnic at the beach next weekend. Kind of short-ish notice for people but the weekend after my birthday is Easter so that's out. I was going to go down to Cott next weekend anyway for the Sculpture by the Sea exhibition. It'd be nice to have company. And I like picnics.

So... the main stuff:

Sat 15th March
12 noon - whenever
Cottesloe Beach - somewhere on the grassed bit
Bring a plate of food to share, and a picnic rug/chairs to sit on.
BYO drinks.
Everyone I know welcome so if I've forgotten to invite someone, feel free to invite them on my behalf - chances are I didn't have a way to contact them. Partners ok.

Please rsvp (email/sms/facebook) by Thursday as I need to book the beach :P
(j/k - sorry, private in joke - actually I'd like an idea of how many paper plates/cups etc to pick up)

A few further details:
Presents not required.
I don't eat dairy products (sole exception: butter), avocado or anything really spicy - so if you want me to be able to appreciate your wonderful cooking skills (or "buying ready made stuff from the supermarket" skills), you might want to keep that in mind.
If raining - I don't know, I don't have a back-up plan. My place is too small to host any kind of party. Defer to Sunday perhaps?

I'm not going to put my contact details up here, I think anyone who might come should know at least one way to get through to me. My internet access is a bit limited at the moment, so email/facebook probably won't get a very quick reply but I will make sure to check them every couple of days.

Facebook event here

No comments:

Post a Comment