Tuesday 18 March 2008

Fremantle Street Arts Festival

Coming this Easter long weekend to Perth is the... *cue drumroll*

Fremantle Street Arts Festival

This unique event draws thousands of people to Fremantle to experience the supreme skill and outrageous behaviour of the world's best Buskers.

Take yourself down to Freo on Sat, Sun or Mon and prepare to be amazed. The performers and the things they do are incredible. In the words of the performer descriptions in the program, "WARNING: This show may cause acrobatic amazement. Popeyed take no responsibility for your jaw hitting the floor"

My personal recommendation for "absolute must see" is Pedro Tochas - The Sculpture Clown.
By far the most memorable act from the 2007 street arts festival. I almost missed seeing him, but I'm so glad I didn't. Unique, different, capitivating... and hilarious. We laughed pretty much all the way through his act. I cannot explain how brilliant he was - just go see him perform! I promise you won't regret it.

Oh and please remember this is what the performers do for a living. So please show your support if you like their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment