Monday 21 April 2008

Not much to say really

One book I recommend in light of my last post:
Animal, vegatable, miracle - Barbara Kingsolver. An excellent book, interesting story about one family's experience eating local produce for a year, and a great introduction to the issues and facts around conventional/global vs organic/local food. Read it!
There's others, I just can't think of them right now

All I want this winter is a pair of fur-lined boots. Really.
I hate being cold.

Some things that have been annoying me a little lately:
1. Facebook and these computers >:-(
2. The way social events almost always seem to revolve around food
Is it small of me to be annoyed that not one of the three events my friends have organised for this weekend will have food I can eat? Probably it is ridiculous for me to be bothered by it, but, well, I am. I feel left out. And I feel justified in skipping one. What's the point of going to a fondue night when you can't eat cheese or chocolate? I might as well go to dancing instead.
3. The cold, and the fact that my flat is not much warmer than outside.

I really should go home and have some dinner rather than hanging around in the library. And then get on with get all my stuff together and going to bed early, so I don't have to panic madly tomorrow morning. (or at least not too much)

Two library job interviews tomorrow. Fingers crossed they go well. Please God let them go well.

SYTYCD:
I'd prefer Jack or Rhys to win, but I don't really care. All four of them are such amazing dancers and so deserving of being "Australia's favourite dancer"
I can't believe it's almost over... What am I going to do with my sunday nights after this sunday's grandfinal?

I'm hungry, somewhat grumpy and a bit worried about these interviews tomorrow. It really is time to go home.

2 comments: